The City of Healdsburg has suspended all parks and recreation programs, events, and facility use/rentals coordinated through its Community Services Department effective March 14 through March 31. In addition, the Healdsburg Senior Center has suspended all programs and events through March 31.
The City is suspending the following programs and services through March 31, 2020:
- All parks and recreation classes, activities, camps, and sports programs.
- Operations at the Healdsburg Community Center, Healdsburg Senior Center, and the Swim Center
- Special event permits, park permits, and picnic reservations
- Rentals and meetings at the Community Center and Senior Center
- And in consultation with the Tayman Group, events and gatherings at the Villa Chanticleer
During this time, City staff will be available at each facility and answering phones and email during normal office hours. The Senior Center staff team will be available to provide general information and referrals to our older adult community.
This decision comes after guidance from Gov. Gavin Newsom to postpone all non-essential gatherings through the end of March. Specifically, the California Department of Public Health finds the following:
- Large gatherings that include 250 people or more should be postponed or canceled. This includes concerts, conferences, and professional, college, and school sporting events.
- Smaller gatherings held in venues that do not allow social distancing of six feet per person should be postponed or canceled. This includes gatherings in crowded auditoriums, rooms or other venues.
- Gatherings of people at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 should be limited to no more than 10 people. This includes gatherings at retirement facilities, assisted living facilities, developmental homes, and support groups for people with health conditions.
- A “gathering” is any event or convening that brings together people in a single room or space at the same time, such as an auditorium, stadium, arena, large conference room, meeting hall, cafeteria, or any other indoor or outdoor space.
This situation continues to evolve, so please monitor the City’s web site at www.cityofhealdsburg.org and our Facebook pages www.facebook.com/cityofhealdsburg, www.facebook.com/healdsburgcommunityservices, and www.facebook.com/healdsburgseniorcenter for updates.
For more info on the California Department of Health’s advisory on mass gatherings, go to: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH%20Document%20Library/Gathering_Guidance_03.11.20.pdf
For more info from the Sonoma County Public Health, go to: https://socoemergency.org/emergency/novel-coronavirus/