On Monday, September 10th, and Wednesday, September 12th, Sonoma County will test the SoCo and WEA alert and warning systems. You may receive a phone call, an alert on your mobile device, or experience interruptions in local radio and television.
Here’s a detailed breakdown of what to expect:
- Monday, September 10th: Phone Call
- In the evening, Sonoma County will call all SoCoAlert subscribers, and landlines. Sign up at www.SoCoAlert.com.
- Wednesday, September 12th: Mobile Alert and Radio/Television Interruptions
- Sonoma County will send Wireless Emergency Alerts to Healdsburg, Guerneville, Roseland, Glen Ellen/Kenwood, and Penngrove, between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. The alert should display on all compatible mobile devices with a special tone and vibration and a brief text notification.
- Local radio and television will broadcast a test message using the Emergency Alert System around 12 p.m.
To learn more about Sonoma County’s emergency resources, visit www.SoCoEmergency.org. Para información en español: SoCoPSA.org.