On Sept 20, City Council approved two necessary changes to the recycled water program to maintain service through the dry season – to implement delivery fees and set an end date.
- Delivery Fees -- starting the first week of October, recipients of recycled water will incur a $45 fee per delivery. To continue service, please complete an opt-in form so we have authorization to bill the account in December for all deliveries. Opt-in or -out form: https://healdsburg.seamlessdocs.com/f/recycledwaterdelivery
- The $45 delivery fee is based on trucking costs to move water regardless of gallons delivered.
- The total cost will be no more than $315 for 7 weeks of service.
- CARE customers are exempt from fees.
- Program End Date – the program is set to end Nov 5 (with rain) or Nov 19 (no rain). Starting in mid-November, temperatures cool down, the days get shorter, and water demands for plants are substantially less. Although we don’t know how much rain this winter will bring, we will get some to maintain plant-life.