NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City Council of the City of Healdsburg is seeking applications from interested persons to serve on the Parks & Recreation Commission. The membership of the Parks and Recreation commission consists of seven members. Two of the seven members may reside outside the City limits but must reside at a location that is within the boundaries of the Healdsburg Unified School District. One of the seven members may be designated as a parks and recreation youth commissioner who shall be under the age of 18 or a full-time student under the age of 21. All members of the Parks and Recreation Commission shall serve without compensation.
The Commission serves in an advisory capacity to the City Council and the Director of Parks and Recreation on policies and programs pertaining to public parks and recreation and shall include:
- Identifying and addressing the needs related to the City’s parks, school facilities, playgrounds, open space, and recreational facilities.
- Advising the City Council and the Director of Parks and Recreation on all matters affecting the City’s parks and recreation programs and facilities.
- Advising and assisting City boards and commissions, City departments, and private persons on matters affecting the City’s parks, school facilities, playgrounds, open space and recreational facilities.
- Improving maintenance of City parks, school facilities, playgrounds, open space and recreational facilities.
- Assisting in the development of a parks and open space master plan.
- Developing and maintaining a community activities plan to increase, create, and implement community recreation classes and special interest classes.
- Performing such other functions and duties as may be directed by the City Council from time to time.
If you are interested in applying, applications are available at Healdsburg City Hall, 401 Grove Street, Healdsburg, CA 95448, (707) 431-3317 and on the City’s website at www.ci.healdsburg.ca.us under Government: Boards and Commissions. All completed applications must be submitted to the Office of the City Clerk by Friday, January 4, 2019, at 5:00 p.m.